Thursday, September 18, 2008

7 months



YEAH! My baby actually sleeps! It's been such a difficult 2 months. Jameson has had 3 double ear fections in 7 weeks, diagnosed with Asthma, and is now on daily nebulizer treatments. When he turned 6 months, I was determined to "sleep train" Jameson. We let him cry it out for 10 days, thinking we could "convince" Jameson that sleeping through the night is a GOOD thing. It really didn't work. Every night, he woke up between 1 and 2 am and cried for an hour. It was heartbreaking. I gave up. A few nights later, my brilliant husband said, "I'm going to put Jameson down in his crib while he's still awake". I laughed. My son, though cute and funny, is stubborn and VERY strong-willed. I would classify him as slightly high maintenance as he enjoys being held, entertained, and rocked to sleep. But it worked! Only 10 minutes of crying and then Jameson was fast asleep. The next night we only heard a few wimpers and then nothing but the glorious sound of his baby snoring. It's been 1 week and the outcome is always the same...we put Baby J in the crib, he lifts and turns his head, he smirks at us, and then he burries his head into his tiny arms and falls asleep. So wonderful it almost seems like a dream. And with that...he sleeps through the night. From 7 pm until 5 am. I almost didn't want to say it outloud for fear of jinxing myself. It's too good to be true!

1 comment:

Katina, Todd & Devon said...

Good for you guys! It's always such sweet relief when your baby finally sleeps through the night. I, unfortunatley will be starting this process over again. I've been there once, we'll be fine. Give Jameson a hug, Austin and Grace too. The picture you have up of him is too cute!