Friday, April 25, 2008
Juggling love
To those women out there who can juggle, I could use a lesson or two. I humbly admit that I find it very difficult to share my heart right now, in these first few months of Jameson’s life. All I can think about is him. He’s my center. And I have the best husband ever. He’s my soul mate. Days without Scott are sad. But so much of my energy goes to caring for and loving my son, that I feel I need to add some yeast to my heart so I can help it expand. There are moments when I feel so torn. All my energy went into loving my husband before Jameson arrived. I was never good at sharing. Ask my sister-in-law. Ask my husband where the girl scout cookies went. Trust me…I admit I struggle with sharing things I love. And I’m smart enough to recognize that I need to continue to water the seeds of my relationship with Scott because the better we are, the better parents we’ll be. Now that I’m back at work, I want nothing more than to hang out with Jameson when I get home at night. I need to make sure he hasn’t forgotten the sound of my voice or the feel of my skin, hasn’t forgotten to latch on or how to smile when I say his name. I hope I can learn how to juggle better soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment