Thursday, October 25, 2007
Swelling and pregnancy
OK, so women are GREAT about the details of pregnancy. My friends who have been previously pregnant have been awesome about giving me much needed advice, from clothing to eating to what to expect during the long 9 months. But no one, NO ONE ever mentioned swollen feet. I have had a fairly uneventful pregnancy. I had a few eating issues for a couple weeks, but once I switched my mindset to fruits, fruits and more fruits, all was fixed. But I think where I will pay the price will be my feet. They are already swollen, some days much worse than others. I am only half way to the end zone. A couple nights ago, my feet were so swollen, I could barely walk. So once again, I will have to revise my eating. It's hard. I have to break some tough habits, like sitting crossed-legged on the couch and instead I will need to use our new recliners and keep my feet up all night. Funny thing, though...shoe shopping. Scott, my wonderful husband, took a half day yesterday to spend with me before I start my new job and we completed our baby registry. But he also took me shoe shopping. I ended up with 3 pairs of Dr. Scholls shoes! Normally, I wear an 8 wide or an 8 1/2 regular, depending on the shoe style. Yesterday, with swollen feet in tow, I fit into 9 1/2 wide! That's my new shoe size for the next 4 months! But I now have sneakers I can wear and 2 pairs of dressier shoes for work. This baby is worth the sacrifice all the way, though. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HaHa...you think the shoe size is only for the next 4 months?! Let me know how that works for you! Mine didn't go back to my normal pre-pregnancy size...I went from an 8 to a 9 and it stuck! And oh, by the way, the swelling only gets worse, so yeah, keep your feet up as much as possible, but in the same breath, walking and drinking lots of water helps to keep the swelling down. Enjoy!!
Just browsing here- but, read a bit on your blog- as I just gave birth to our third daughter 10 months ago! Anywho- 'Dawn' is right. Your shoe size may never return to normal! I was lucky- I'm still in my size 9's- but, some girls actually go up a half to a full size and stay there. ;) Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy. ;)
Post a Comment