Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Travel, not for fun

So it's less than 3 weeks from honeymoon bliss and I'm already apart from my hunny. It's work calling me to New Jersey for 2 weeks. A flight to Philly, a rental car drive to Mount Laurel, and a long stay at a bare minimum hotel. Yippee! Week one came and went in a blur of long meetings, bad sleep on a springy bed, late late dinners, and way too much typing. It is now the middle of week two, and i have no idea why i am typing this out now...i have been typing since 8 am this morning, and other than lunch break and dinner, i haven't stopped working on my laption for 12 hours. Week two is better because i am at Marriott. Newer beds, softer, comfy bedding, clean bathrooms, and ROOM SERVICE are required amenities when you live in a hotel. I am lucky that I had Saturday and Sunday with Scott back at home. But with a delayed flight on Friday night, and arriving home at midnight, Saturday morning was lazy and uneventful. We did manage to play golf, using my new (used) set of woman's clubs!!!, and scott using his new (new!) set of men's clubs. and we played a full-sized course, and walked it! it was gorgeous weather out. I spent the rest of saturday in a blur of tv, napping, and catching up on emails. I was a zombie. The work week in New Jersey had finally caught up with me. Sunday we visited Brian and Yelena's new home (NOT a town house!!!) and i dreamed of dark hard wood floors, real kitchen cabinets and LOTS of countertop space! Then we had Holly and Matt over for steak and corn on the cob, compliments of chef Scott. Matt brought over the DVD of our wedding and reception and i relived my favorite day! Thanks MATT! Then, as we wrapped up our game of Pitch, I got a surprise call from US Airways. My flight to NJ the following morning at 7 am had been canceled (due to "scheduling conflicts with the flight crew!!!). I, like 200 other Monday morning commuters, called US Airways in hopes of getting onto the 5:30 am flight from Hartford to Philly. No luck! There were NO flights for any airline either Sunday night or Monday morning. The earliest they could offer me was a flight at 3:40 pm on Monday afternoon. What a joke! My meetings started at 10 am! So, what do you do when you have no flight options? You hop in your car at 4:45 am and hope like hell that the George Washington bridge isn't backed up at 6:30 am, and you don't get lost driving through NYC the first time ever. I was extremely lucky I will admit. I got to my destination in NJ 45 minutes ahead of Mapquest time, and 2 hours before my meetings even started. And due to driving, i was able to bring 4+ ounces of hair gel, facial wash, body lotion, and other such wonderful liquids because my minivan doesn't have TSA limitations. So another 2 days and another 4 hour drive back to CT, and I will be home for what looks like 3 whole days! yeah! I'll be back next week for more New Jersey fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This does make it a little more challenging to get you pregnant you know?!?! I love you babe. I miss you.