Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Baby Girouard - 16 weeks

I had my 16-week appt. yesterday and was able to hear the baby's heartbeat again. So excited. So reassuring. I guess I'm abnormal, but it's hard to "feel" pregnant when my body really hasn't changed much and I can't feel the baby inside me. I know that will change soon enough, but it's always a wonderful relief to hear the baby's heart beating fast inside me. October 15th is the day we will have our next ultrasound and hopefully the baby will cooperate and we can find out "boy" or "girl". I saw the cutest bedding at Target a few weeks ago, and if the baby is a boy, I'll be putting that on my registry immediately. With all the negative in life these days, I'm grateful to have this baby who keeps me on my toes, makes me want to stay positive, and makes me so happy to be in this moment. I'm still doing well, blood pressure is really good, weight gain is only 2 lbs at this point, and the baby's heartbeat is approx. 150 beats per minute, which is also good.

No comments: