We have decided to have Austin's birthday party in Newington, where he and his friends live. Austin rarely asks for anything, and this year, he asked for a bowling party. He also changed his mind and instead of wanting just 3 friends, he had a list of 6. So to cart 6 kids from Newington to Manchester, about 25 minutes, would have been less than convenient. Scott and I have had a few laughs at Austin's expense though. He certainly is NOT Grace. He wanted 6 kids to come, but only provided us with 4 phone numbers, 2 of which were "out of service". HAHAHA! So, in the end, Austin will have his bowling party in Newington, and he'll be lucky if 2 of his classmates go! Lucky for us, we'll also have his cousins Lauren and Jenna to join the party. But Austin is one of those kids that won't even notice that his 6 friends weren't there. He's so easy-going. And while at first I thought Scott and I were failing at parenthood by not being able to get more than 2 classmates to Austin's birthday party, I found out that Austin's mom didn't even have a birthday party for Austin last year because he didn't get her any names in time. Phew! I feel better knowing that!
As for Grace, only time will tell. She will certainly NOT settle for a small party. And it makes sense for her mom to throw the larger parties as she lives in Newington and has more access to Grace's classmates. But we still plan on doing an ice skating event for her, even if it's just us and her cousins.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment