Friday, September 7, 2007

Jobs

So I got laid off from my job on Friday. A product of company mergers, new upper management and changing technology. Though a profitable department, we were seen as old fashioned, I guess. Our department wasn't where the new company wanted to go, so "off with our heads" as the Queen of Hearts would say in Alice in Wonderland. My entire department was let go. At 4 months pregnant, this is certainly not how I imagined my life would turn out. As it seems today, the risk we took with Scott changing jobs is not paying off and we are left with no medical coverage after September 30th. Although Scott's job holds potential in 4-6 months, that seems light-years and an apartment in downtown Hartford away. So if you believe in anything, please say a silent prayer for our family. We could use a blessing or two right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking from experience Jaime, "you are where you are meant to be right now" as hard as it may seem. Keep your faith and keep your chin up...something better will come along. Only "HE" knows what the plans are! I will send out a special prayer for you guys that all works out for the best. Keep smiling!!

Anonymous said...

Jaime & Scott,
You're in our prayers. Something will come along! Don't worry it will work out. We love you!!

-Katina, Todd and Devon