Thursday, September 27, 2007

Kid nation

Have you seen this new TV reality show on CBS? At first I was appalled at sending kids to this desert location to live on their own. As a parent, I don't think I could send my kid off for 40 days for this type of "adventure". The ages are from 8 to 15. But like most new TV shows, I had to tune in and check this out. While I still have my reservations, there are a few kids on this show that make you believe in humanity. There's this one kid, Michael, who's 14. His parents must be proud because he's so awesome. He's polite and smart and level-headed. And he loves his family and respects people. He won a $20,000 gold star for his hard work and he was asked what he would do with the money. He said, with no hesitation, that he would give his parents the money because they deserved it. Isn't that a great kid?

No comments: